Sunday 18 October 2015

Unveiling Vic.O



This is my first celebrity interview, join me while I say..... YAY! Now back to the point. I got to learn about this artiste through friends who found his work more comical than impressive (to some people that might be an overstatement). I am a firm believer of not judging a book by its cover and from my discussion with this enigmatic figure. I can confidently say he is a poster boy for the latter adage.
 So here is getting to know the enigma behind those videos that either left you puzzled or entertained.

Deinabo: When did you know you wanted you wanted to be a rapper ? How old were you ?
   Vic O:   Music has always been a part of me, I knew I wanted to do it since I was 10 years

Deinabo: What inspires you ?
Vic O: The street, from my Dad, my neighbourhood both in Italy and Nigeria

Deinabo: Do you have a musician or musical person in your family ?
Vic O:   No I don't

Deinabo: So, you live in Italy, how did you get there ?
Vic O:  I got there through my aunt

Deinabo: While you were travelling there did you have it mind that you were going to pursue a career in music ?
Vic O:  Yes, I did. My plan was once I got the right time. I was even performing during my University days. I started releasing albums after I finished University

Deinabo: Was it difficult starting a music in Italy ?
Vic O: Yeah,

Deinabo: What was the toughest period ?
Vic O: In 2010 when I received those negative comments on my music videos. However, it did help me see my mistakes and where to improve on

Deinabo: Did you ever feel like giving up ? what kept you going ?
Vic O: God forbid! Taste are different I can't please everyone. I feel my confidence really keeps me going

Deinabo: What would you say your greatest achievement in life is ?
Vic O: Being more famous and getting to know more people

From my brief 20 minutes discussion with Victor Ncha Odu found me a kindred spirit. His hard work, confidence and drive are admirable. There is a lot people can learn from him.

1. He is about the hustle... #respectthehustle
 When I asked him about having it mind to pursue a career in music when he got to Italy. He kept on saying 'I am a man' , (sorry I'll have to paraphrase here) He felt that he had to make things happen for himself as soon as he got the opportunity because he is a man. Although, I am a woman obviously. I could definitely relate I understand wanting to take charge of your life. Staring your fate towards the direction you want it and not letting chance be the determiner. He attended University, worked in his Aunt's bakery and still found time to perform at shows while in University.

2. He is driven and hardworking....
 Here I feel like I am kinda repeating myself, but stick with me I think I have a point here (for having another heading).  People he kept a job, went to University and pursued in music all at once (P.S this is the beginning of my point XD). I know people will be like... and so others have done the same before what's the big deal. THE DEAL IS YOU HAVEN'T because if you have been through that struggle you would appreciate his hustle #respectthehustle (gratuitous, I know but sorry I couldn't resist). I think people find him comical because they would never put themselves in that space. A place where they are mediocre and are open to judgement. However, dude does agree that his work needs improvement and that although the negative backlash brings him down. He uses it to learn and see areas of improvement.

3. Boy is he CONFIDENT!
The man is confident about his work and most importantly in his self and it is this confidence that keeps him going. I asked this man did you ever feel like giving up. He gave me a resounding response "GOD FORBID". I think society has over feed the sermon of humility that it has made most of us spineless. We find it difficult to believe in ourselves and pursue our dreams and be confident in ourselves. We compare ourselves to other people looking for reason to dim our light down and feel we are not enough. It can be a good feeling because society is more accepting of you although they will feed you crumbs. Because at the end of the day (people if we are honest with ourselves) it's the confident ones that find the drive to fight for the price and in a nutshell people (a really big one at that XD) that's Vic O. It is his confidence that keeps doling out new music regardless of people's reactions.




No comments:

Post a Comment